Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Habla Espanol?

So in typical Emma fashion the other night she just starts spouting off one through five in Spanish. It took me a second to catch on that that was actually what she was saying but then I realized it. I of course had to try and get it on video. She sort of butchers it but that just makes it all the more endearing. We just have the same old same old going on so no need to keep rehashing it, but we are finding new techniques and ways to deal with the issues at hand. We are so thankful for all of the support we get from our friends, our online friends, and our family!! Emma...mama say's" you are way to gifted to keep acting up like this." :)
In NBR news....I really feel that personally I have turned a corner in the past few weeks, and mom re-affirmed that as well when we were talking tonight, that she thought so too. I just feel much happier these days. I have had very limited talk and or texting with Scott over the past few weeks and it has made such a difference in my outlook on things. I feel like I am ready to date again but that is not to say I have one lined up. LOL. But if something were to come along I have finally let go of "what was" enough to try and start "what could be" It is very liberating although at the same time I know that Emma is priority one and dating isn't going to be like it was when I was in my 20's, or hell even my 30's. It is almost scary to think about how thorough you have to try and know someone before you would even think of having them around your child. I know there could be exceptions to this rule of course but I think you get what I mean. I'm in no hurry so we'll just see what happens if anything. I'm honestly just thrilled that I can even type this after going down the road I have been down.
Emma is with her dad for the next two days so mama is going to treat herself to a much needed pedi tomorrow after work....I can't wait!!

4 comments:

Harris Boys said...

oh my goodness..this kid does it all...now she is speaking in spanish..I love it.

and Kim, I'm soooo happy to hear that things are looking up. you deserve the world sweetie!!

Karen said...

Enjoy your time this weekend! It's time for some pampering. :o) You have a great attitude--keep looking up.

Pine Island Mom said...

Kim, I highly suggest that any time you are feeling overwhelmed "raising Emma" that you just go back and read some of your blogs. They bring a smile to my heart, and they will to yours too! Love and miss you, Mom

three little monsters said...

Good for Emma!! I love that she keeps saying rapido---such a Dora term!!!

I am thrilled that you are able to move forward. I know it must be such a good feeling.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com