Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The terribly fun twos


Well you have to start on a funny note and this video cracks me up. I love this stage with Emma. It is terrible and it is fun. The terrible twos are definitely here but at the same time she is so much fun and she is such a chatter box. I just love talking with her and having conversations. They mean the world to me. And she has the sweetest soul ever. Nothing is better than having your child walk up to you and ask for a hug and a kiss. Or to pick her up from school today to hear that she made her teacher cry. Why? Was she being mean? No, it was because she was so sweet it made her teacher tear up. It makes me so proud. On the other end of the spectrum is Emma's fun desire to throw hard objects after repeatedly being told NO and to hit mommy in the face. There have been frequent time outs lately. Last night she actually role played one of our time out situations with her "babies" about hitting and I couldn't help but laugh and hoped that it was all sinking in. Don't ever hope too much. Tonight she smacked at me 3 different times and lost her stories for the night. So hard to do because I cherish the time but at the same time she has to learn. This mama stuff is hard work!
I also think we are finally turning the corner on potty training. She has done excellent at school for a long time now but it has been a struggle at home. In the last week we have had very few accidents at home. Yay. I hope we are on to something.
We are getting ready for a mini vacay to go see my Grandma and to then go to my dad's who lives in Gulf Shores, a mile from the beach. I can't wait to get Emma to the beach and in the Ocean and Grandpa has a pool so we can practice our swim lesson skills. It will be a quick but hopefully very fun trip!

2 comments:

noyoucomehere said...

Where'd it go? Where'd it go? OMG - Emma is soooo friggin' CUTE!!

Sheena said...

Adorable!!!! I LOVE her little voice!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com