Friday, June 27, 2008

Road Trip


Last Saturday we embarked on a crazy road trip. We left here Saturday morning and drove to LA to visit my Grandma with my brother and his family. It was great to see her and she loved seeing all of her great grandkids. The next day we drove to my dads in Gulf Shores and spent two nights there before heading back to Atlanta. It was a total of about 20 hours in the car over 4 days but all the kids did so great. Emma didn't melt down until we got to my car and she screamed the entire 45 minutes home. I felt awful for her, at that point she was just done. So the trip was def. short and sweet but we did get to the beach and Emma had a blast. She was scared of the water at first but once we got over the hump she couldn't get enough of it. She loved the waves and loved playing in the sand as you can tell. My favorite new Emma story is this. We got home from our trip and we were playing and she again smacked me in the face so I sent her to time out. She came back around the corner with her head down, her lip poking out and walked up to me looked at me and smiled and said "Thanks for all you do mom" It was so freaking sweet. How can you stay mad after that?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com