Monday, July 7, 2008

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I swear, Emma has the sweetest soul. I said this prayer growing up, except I said the one where I hoped to not die before I wake, so we altered a bit. I always thought that was sort of creepy. But what she is saying is "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, guard me jesus through the night and wake me with the morning light" Anyhow...I started saying it to her last week at bed time and she already has it memorized. She struggles on parts of it but hey...she's only 2!! And still gifted if you ask me. :) I'm really not that religious of a person as in that we go to church regulary, ok, at all but it has a lot of sentiment for me and I do still say my prayers every night.
We had our best swim lesson yet tonight. Scott actually came to it and did the lesson with her. You can really tell that she is picking up on things. She is not close to swimming on her own yet but she is doing so much better with the skills they are teaching her. I am getting ready to sign her up for another class for after this one ends.
Our 4th of July weekend was a lot of fun. We spent it up at the lake all weekend with her Grandparents and Great Aunt and Uncle. Emma no likey the fireworks though. She screamed her little head off when the first one went off. Maybe next year she will enjoy them a little more.
I am in the countdown until my divorce is final. Not that it is a happy countdown but one that will hopefully close one door and open another. My hearing is on the 14th, next Monday and then that will be that. I know it will be a hard day but I am also looking forward to getting it over with and finding some closure.
And I'm losing count of the days but I'm still not smoking and still can't believe that. yay!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Yay, Emma indeed!!!

Kim, you should be so proud of the job you're doing with her...you are raising such a wonderful and amazing little girl. You are an inspiration to me and I am really proud of your outlook. I can't wait to see you this week.

*hugs*
Julia

Sheena said...

Awwwww....YAY! Emma!
I LOVE that Kim! I seriously cannot get enough of these videos she is soo sweet and soo smart, oh sorry, gifted! I'm sure she is a BIG ray of sunshine through all you're going through, I'm still thinking of you and know you'll make it through, I know how tough it must be. Great job on the no smoking though! I hope to get to meet you and little Emma Bean at a GTG one day!

Anonymous said...

Seriously Kim....there are no words for how precious she is. And frankly how precious you are :) You have so many people who love you both - just always remember that. Your next chapter is a beautiful one!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com