Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slacker

That sums me up in a nutshell when it comes to my blog. We have just been so super busy. I don't even have a new picture or video to post. :( I've been meaning to get some video of Emma reciting the pledge of allegiance. One night before bed she just started spouting it off. She never ceases to amaze me. My mom and step dad were in town for most of last week. It was a crazy visit but also fun. It is hard to let your parents be there to help you even though that is all they want to do...they want to take all the hurt away. I know I will be the same when it comes to my own daughter!! We had a family get together at my house on Sat. which is always nice. I wish we were all closer. Even my brother is only an hour away and I still don't get to see him and his family as much as I'd like. As for Emma...she has been challenging lately. There have been many temper tantrums for no unforseen reason and toy throwing seems to be her new way of having fun. Minding? I'm sure she knows HOW to, just not sure why she doesn't want to. sigh. I know she is only 2 and I have to remind myself of that when I get frustrated.
We just finished our first round of swim lessons. She gets better every week, she definitely earned most improved out of her class. We have a two week break and then we will start a new round. I am determined to keep it up until she knows how to swim and as long as she is having fun with it which she is. Em's new interest and saying is "what's that sound" Everything she hears she asks me. It is too cute. She is getting ready to go on vacay with daddy for a few days and I am less than happy about that but only because I will miss her terribly and as a mommy will of course worry!! And I can't help but be a bit sad since last year at this time we were all getting ready to go on vacation as a family. :( So much can happen in a year .I just hope that next year at this time something good is happening for both Emma and myself.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Kim, I hope there are lots and lots of bright and sunny days ahead for both of you, too! Even better than your wildest dreams!

Harris Boys said...

hey kim :) just wanted to give you a big cyper-space HUG!!!

miss emma is a doll...please get a video of her reciting the pledge of allegiance...what a smart little angel you have!

The Greene Family said...

Hi Kimbo....wow, the Pledge of Allegiance. I have trouble spelling that much less saying it! HA! What a smart little monkey you have. Emma's a beautiful little girl with a huge heart - a mirror image of her mommy. You should be so very proud of her and she of you. We love you both to the moon and back ;) Smooches from the Greene's!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com