Tuesday, July 15, 2008

D-Day


Well it is over. Yesterday was D day and I am happy to say that I got through it with very little tears and actually had a lot of fun. A friend of mine went to court with me and after we got through that went and ran some errands and had some lunch. We then had an hour long massage that was just perfect. I came home and chilled for a few hours and then met back up with some girlfriends for dinner and it was an absolute ball. Margaritas, tequila shots, and sombreros. Fun times. Seriously, it is probably the most I have laughed since this all began. It felt great!! Until six a.m. when my alarm went off, then...not so much. :) Ouch. headache. What was I thinking? :) I am so lucky to have an amazing network of family and friends that have been so wonderful to me through all of this. And even the support of my online friends, many that I haven't even met. Your constant thoughts have not gone unnoticed so thank you!!
Scott had Emma for the last 3 days so I couldn't drive the car fast enough to pick her up today. Unfortunately she was pretty fussy all night. This often happens on her first day back so I am used to it but I hate it. She finally stopped being a "fussy Francis" around dinner and my sweet girl came back. She has spaghetti for dinner and she kept saying "mmm, this smells delicious" of course she was butchering the word delicious which made it all the more cuter.
As for me, I am looking forward to continuing to watch my baby grow and to give her all the love that I can and hope that this is the beginning of a new and great chapter for us in our lives.

10 comments:

Karen said...

Here's to a beautiful future with your beautiful daughter! LOL at the "delicious"--can't wait till Kate can talk and butcher words, too. :o)

Lee Anne said...

Congratulations to you for making it through, AND for quitting smoking! Your positive attitude is inspiring. I'm sure wonderful things are around the corner for you and Emma.

Lee Anne (to-be-lam)

Carter's Mommy said...

I had a great time to!!! Out with the old and in with the new :)

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while and just wanted to say I admire your strength and positive attitude during what I'm sure is an extremely difficult situation. I'm sure the best is yet to come for you and Emma! :)

Sekeia said...

what margarita night?!?!?! Heres to you Kim and the new beginings waiting for you!

Julia said...

I love you.

It warmed my heart to see you laugh and smile so much on Monday.

Glad you and Emma are back together again!! Give her a big kiss from me.

donna said...

Kim. Glad that you are doing great! You are such a strong woman and a great role model for Miss Emma

Harris Boys said...

amen sista!!!!

it was nice to see you laughing and smiling even though there were about what 10 shots....lol

love you

Sheena said...

Kim! You are so strong and are just going through this so gracefully...I know great things will come to you and Miss Emma...you just wait and see! :)

kaitlin said...

Glad to hear you survived and had some fun! Margaritas = good choice!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com